Helpful links and resources on preservation, history, and redevelopment in Louisville and Kentucky:
- Looking for Happy Hour History? Register for our new monthly series events HERE – and catch up on past episodes HERE!
- Researching your historic house? Here’s a 3-part series:
Part 1 – city directories / Part 2 – maps / Part 3 – newspaper archives
- Check out the list of projects that Vital Sites is currently working on – or our blog content!
- Louisville History Resources from the Louisville Free Public Library
- Historic Building Maintenance & Rehabilitation Sources from Kentucky Heritage Council
- Important Links and Funding Opportunities through Preservation Kentucky
- Want to strengthen your community? Check out Center for Neighborhoods
Kentucky tax credits and incentives, National Register, Main Street, programs, education, training, and more: Kentucky Heritage Council, the State Historic Preservation Office
- Zoning, building codes, maintenance, infrastructure, and possible financial resources available:
Project Planner from Metro’s Develop Louisville
- Historic preservation, landmarks, and overlay districts:
Information from Metro’s Planning & Design – Historic Preservation and Urban Design department
- Interesting in purchasing vacant property (lots or structures) from the city?
Check out the Landbank Authority
- Prevention and Redevelopment Opportunities:
Louisville Metro Government offers foreclosure prevention, emergency home repair, weatherization and lead remediation services.
Resources for removal of graffiti from historic buildings:
- Removal of Graffiti from Historic Masonry (National Park Service brief)
- Prosoco products are recommended by the National Trust for Historic Preservation: How to Remove Graffiti
- Graffiti Removal Products from Prosoco
- Case Study for Graffiti Removal on Buildings in Hawaii